ufs accommodation application 2024-2025
ufs accommodation application 2024-2025
The University of the Free State has made adequate arrangements for accommodation for applicants whose applications are approved. It is important to note that acceptance as a student does not guarantee accommodation. The university offers different types of accommodation, which are outlined below.
- USF On-campus Residences:
- The university provides single-sex residences for both senior and junior students.
- Rooms can be single or double occupancy with shared bathrooms.
- Senior students may have the option of on-campus apartments.
- Furnishings in the rooms include a bed, desk, chair, and curtains.
- Facilities such as central heating and Internet access are available.
- Residences for women have access control.
- UFS Off-campus Accommodation:
- Off-campus accommodation can include shared apartments or houses, full board arrangements with a family, or garden cottages.
- Students living off-campus are assigned to city residences, ensuring they can still participate in campus sports and cultural activities.
- The university provides resources on UFS-accredited off-campus accommodation, which can be found at the specified link.
Costs for UFS accommodation vary as follows:
- Junior residences: R2,000 to R3,000 per month (excluding meals)
- Senior residences: R2,360 to R3,620 per month (excluding meals)
- Kovsie Inn: R3,600 to R4,800 per month (including breakfast)
It’s important to reiterate that on-campus accommodation is not guaranteed upon acceptance as a student. The application form for campus accommodation is attached to the admission application, and completing it accurately is essential to avoid delays.
For further information, visit the UFS website and follow these steps:
- Go to www.ufs.ac.za in your browser.
- Click on the “Students” tab.
- Select “Residences.”
- Choose either “Female” or “Male” residences.
- Complete the relevant form and submit it.
Regarding students living on campus, it can be challenging to secure on-campus accommodation without reserving rooms in advance. Single-sex residences are available for senior and junior students, offering single or double rooms with shared bathrooms. Apartments are available for senior students only. Rooms in residences come furnished with a bed, desk, chair, curtains, and linen. Access control measures are in place. The cost of on-campus accommodation ranges from R1,800 to R3,180 per month (excluding meals). Additional details can be found on the provided website.
Living on campus offers several advantages:
- Elimination of travel expenses as you can easily walk to campus.
- No need to purchase furniture as it is provided.
- Opportunities for social interaction with other students.
- Proximity to shopping malls within walking distance.
International students are subject to an annual international administration levy, which is an additional fee paid on top of the annual registration fee. This levy is non-refundable and expires on December 31st of each year.
Tuition fees for international students from SADC countries are the same as those for South African students. However, students from non-SADC countries will pay 50% more per module for their tuition fees. All international students, except South African citizens and those with permanent residence status in South Africa, are required to pay the full tuition fee for the academic year prior to registration.
International students must pay their program fees in full or provide evidence of sponsorship in order to be registered for their chosen programs. Additionally, accommodation fees for UFS residences must be paid before registration.
There are specific payment dates to be aware of:
- For the January registration, the first payment must be reflected in the student’s account at least five (5) days prior to registration.
- By 31st March, the second payment must be made to cover all first-semester fees.
- The third and final payment must be made by 30th June to settle the tuition fees account completely.
It is important that the required fees are paid and reflected in the student’s account at least five (5) working days before registration. The student’s registration will only be considered official once all the necessary fees have been paid, the courses and personal details for the year at UFS have been confirmed, and an official invoice/proof of registration has been issued.
Undergraduate student fees may vary depending on the subjects they are enrolled in for a particular year, while postgraduate students are required to pay a fixed fee. If you are interested in applying for UFS accommodation for the 2024-2025 academic year, please refer to the relevant application process.
For more info on the school, click here